Semi-Classical Indian Dance London (5 week course)
Inspired by the beautiful dancing style of timeless films like Devdas, and more recent classics like Bajirao Mastani, these particular bollywood dance classes offer a stylish, feminine, intricate dance style. We focus on hand gestures – a key feature of Indian dance, while learning routines to both classic and modern hit Bollywood songs. If you are looking for an intro to Kathak or somewhere you can learn Classical Indian Dance in Central London, then look no further. This course is for you!
- Fee: £70 for 5 weeks
- When: Mondays 7- 8pm at Arthur Murray Studios, Baker Street
- Instructor: Priyanka Chauhan
- Next cycle: Mon 5th November – Mon 3rd December
- Maximum class capacity: 25 people
About the Course – semi-classical indian dance
The Semi-Classical course brings the beautiful styles of classical Indian dance forms right up to date with Bollywood hits. With a focus on rhythms, story-telling, expression, power and grace that is integral to Kathak (one of the many classical indian dance styles), our semi-classical course acts as an introduction to the basics of Kathak and explores how the Bollywood songs we know and love can be a way for us to access this traditional art form.
The Semi-Classical course has an emphasis on delicate choreography, the precision of movement (especially arm and head placements), ability to hold and play with rhythms and finally, building confidence in expressing oneself through movement.
This course is great for beginners, and intermediate dancers too – previous classical Indian dance training is not essential.
What to expect from this class:
- A solid foundation of Indian Classical dance
- Bollywood technique, and general Kathak dance technique, including posture and alignment
- A weekly workout, cleverly combined with dance
- Great music from the most recent Bollywood films to hit the cinema
- An improvement in your overall dancing skills, memory and technique over the 5 weeks