Classical Indian Dance London (5 week course)
Inspired by the beautiful dancing style of timeless films like Devdas, and more recent classics like Bajirao Mastani, these particular bollywood dance classes offer a stylish, feminine, intricate dance style. We focus on hand gestures – a key feature of Indian dance, while learning several routines to both classic and modern hit Bollywood songs. If you are looking for Kathak or Classical Indian Dance London, look no further. This course is for you!
- Fee: £70 for 5 weeks
- When: Mondays 7- 8pm at Arthur Murray Studios, Baker St
- Instructor: Priyanka Chaman
- Next cycle: Mon 4th Sept – Mon 2nd Oct
- Maximum class capacity: 20 people
- BOOKING NOW!
About the Instructor: Priyanka Chaman
Priyanka has been with The Bollywood Co since its inception. She is the Assistant Manager of the Company and also leads the Semi-Classical Indian Dance Course.
Priyanka has trained in Kathak from a young age. However, unlike many classical dancers, she trained in Bollywood alongside her classical background, enabling her to switch from one style to another with ease. She is also able to fuse both styles to create the most wonderful blend of classical Indian dance in a modern Bollywood setting.
Priyanka also teaches Bollywood & Classical dance at Schools, leads corporate team-building workshops and manages most Bollywood Co professional entertainment bookings in Central London and the South.
Priyanka’s recent clients include: YouTube, Annie Lennox’s Circle Trust, Diwali at Heathrow Airport, Air India, The England Rugby Team, Diwali in Trafalgar Square, Yes Entertainment, Chessington World Of Adventures, Slaughter & May, Julia Siburn Events, Office Summer Events. Additionally, Priyanka has performed at & managed weddings in Tuscany, Morroco and Monte Carlo.
What to expect from this class:
- A solid foundation of Indian Classical dance
- Bollywood technique, and general Kathak dance technique, including posture and alignment
- A weekly workout, cleverly combined with dance
- Great music from the most recent Bollywood films to hit the cinema
- An improvement in your overall dancing skills, memory and technique over the 5 weeks