Bollywood (Weekly Drop-In)
Our weekly Bollywood Dance Classes are our flagship offering; having successfully run for the past 10 years in Central London, the class has gained recognition as one of London’s most dynamic Bollywood offerings. Created by the Company’s Creative Director, Nileeka, the class offers an insight into the different music and dance genres that make up the term ‘Bollywood’ as we know it today.
From traditional to contemporary, and everything in between, the class aims to take participants on an hourlong journey, beginning with foundation Indian dance steps followed by choreography to a chosen song. Not only do we give an overview of the song’s meaning and background, you will also learn some of the original steps referenced in the film. Our goal is to provide a closer look at all that authentic Bollywood has to offer!
Having herself worked on both Bollywood and Hollywood films, as both a choreographer and dancer, Nileeka offers class-goers general tips, hints and tricks to make their inner performer stand out! Whether you are preparing for a big event, or simply want to improve your skills and technique, these classes ultimately work towards making better, more confident, dancers at every level.
- Cost: Class fee £8 at Pineapple, £7 at Danceworks + studio entry fee (£4 Pineapple, £5 Danceworks)
- Pay on the day OR buy a BollyCo Monthly DancePass which means your class fee is covered for the month
- When: Tuesdays 7.00-8.00pm @ Pineapple I Thursdays 7.00-8.00pm @ Danceworks
- Where: Tuesdays 7 Langley St, WC2H 9JA I Thursdays 16 Balderton St, W1K 6TN
- Instructor: Nileeka Bose
- Maximum class capacity: 30 people
- Class runs every week except Easter Week and Christmas Week