Semi-classical Indian dance online (5 wks)
Inspired by the beautiful dancing style of timeless films like Devdas, and more recent classics like Bajirao Mastani, these particular bollywood dance classes offer a stylish, intricate dance style. We focus on hand gestures – a key feature of Indian dance, while learning routines to both classic and modern hit Bollywood songs.
The Semi-Classical course brings the beautiful styles of classical Indian dance forms right up to date with Bollywood hits. With a focus on elements such as rhythm, story-telling, expression, power and grace that are all integral to Kathak; our Semi-classical Indian Dance course acts as an introduction to the basics of Kathak. We explore how the Bollywood songs we know and love can be a way for us to access this traditional art form.
The Semi-Classical course is grounded by:
- Intricate choreography
- Precision of movement (especially arm and head placements)
- Ability to hold and play with rhythms
- Building confidence in expressing oneself through movement
- Fee: £35 for 5 weeks
- When: Mondays 7-8pm
- Platform: Zoom Pro (N.B.You do not have to have a Pro account to join us)
- Instructor: Priyanka Chauhan
- Maximum Attendees: 40
- Next cycle starts Mon 18th May
- Next cycle ends Mon 15th June
- Once you purchase your Semi-Classical Course via our payment platform, within 24hrs, you will receive the Zoom link via email to access the classes you have purchased.
- All registrations are handled manually, so please allow up to 1 day after purchase for us to contact you with the joining instructions.
- If you have any questions prior to purchase, feel free to call or email and our team will be happy to assist.
what to expect from semi-classical online
- An introduction to Indian Classical dance and its meaning
- Bollywood technique, and general Kathak dance technique, including posture and alignment
- Weekly progressive online training with focus on skill, memory and technique.
- Great music from both classic films and more recent Bollywood films