Semi-Classical Indian Dance | Mondays 7-8pm (STARTS 7 JUNE)
Inspired by the beautiful dance icons of Bollywood, such as Maduri Dixit, and timeless classics like Devdas, we take a closer look at how both Classical and traditional folk Indian dance styles and have influenced Bollywood. Inspired by Kathak and modern Bollywood, this class achieves the perfect blend of heritage and future trends.
Each drop-in will focus on one routine and for each routine, a short time will be spent on building the technical foundations needed for that routine. These ongoing classes aim to gradually build on you skills as a Semi-Classical dancer.
This class is great for beginners and intermediate dancers too. Previous classical Indian dance training is not essential.
What to expect from Semi-classical
Our Semi-Classical Indian Dance class is grounded by:
- Bollywood technique, and general Kathak dance technique, including posture and alignment
- Precision of movement (especially arm and head placements)
- Ability to hold and play with rhythms
- Building confidence in expressing oneself through movement
Can’t get to pineapple? Join us online
- CLICK HERE to book the online version of the class
- select the date from the top of the menu, and scroll to find time of the class you wish to book
- create a MindBody account if you don’t already have one & head to check out
You’ll receive a receipt immediately, however if you’ve booked the online version, you’ll only receive the link a couple of hours before the class, directly from Pineapple. Any issues, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking for another dance style? See our full CLASS TIMETABLE here.
instructor: Priyanka Chauhan
Priyanka Chauhan has worked with The Bollywood Co for the past 7 years and is an inaugural member of the team. She brings a wide and varied portfolio of dance skills to her class, including her extensive training in Kathak.
Priyanka is an Inclusive Dance Practitioner and Community Arts Producer. She is also a Creator, Instructor & Performer with specialist areas ‘Semi-Classical’ and ‘Indian Mix’. As well as her work for The Bollywood Co, she runs her own Inclusive Dance Platform using dance as a tool for wellbeing.